Today’s it’s noticed that short heights and heavy weight are common in people. While talking about the short height is could be coz of many reasons like a Genetic issue, not talking the healthy food, not doing the proper exercise and the most seen aspect children are not allowed to play outdoor games. However, gaining weight or and getting fat is also a big issue and it is mostly seen just because having Fast-Food and not taking care of yourself.
However with the short height and fatty look you could be looked smart and sexy, just you need to be aware with your wight and height proportion with your body.
How to know the weight and height are in good proportion
What exactly should be the weight according to height?
- The most common questions we think what should be our weight. There are some methods through which we can guess what is right for us.
- First, there are several factors to be considered like height, age, bone density, fat ratio. Research shows that calculate Body Mass Index is the best option to find your ideal weight according to your height.
- But some says it don’t give appropriate result always because the hip-waist ratio is a nice method over BMI. It is a complete waste of time to compare one’s health with others because one’s weight and height differ according to the different metabolism of the body.
How to calculate Body mass index (BMI)
BMI is the measure of your weight according to your height. Health experts accept this worldwide.
- Someone with BMI less than 18.5 is considered as underweight.
- If the BMI ranges between 18.5 to 25, it is considered as ideal.
- If someone has BMI ranges between 25 to 30, it is considered as overweight.
- Someone with BMI above 30 is obese people.
- Doctors suggest that if someone has BMI less than 20, is considered as Underweight.
How to know BMI
- There are mathematical calculations available in doctor’s clinic, where it can find out.
- It’s easily available in health clinics.
There are some disadvantages of BMI?
- It gives a different kind of measurements. It doesn’t take into account the bone density.
- Experts say it is not useful for calculation of health.
- But should not be used in serious conditions. It doesn’t care about the quantity of fat in an obese person and care much about the quantity of fat in a lean person.
There are some other methods of finding the exact ideal weight
- If one is not satisfied with BMI, many other methods are available in the market, let’s try.
- Some of those methods are Hip-Waist Ratio, Height-Waist Ratio and Percentage of Body fat to find the exact weight. These are also really popular now days.
What is Hip-Waist Ratio
- It is the measurement of the hips according to the waist. That gives a good measurement. Finally, checks the circumference around the waist. Here the belly is also considered. Generally, health professionals are expertise in this.
- This method is also used to detect the cardiovascular problems.
Male Hip-Waist Ratio
- If it is less than 0.9 – fewer chances of cardiac problems.
- Ranges between 0.9 to 0.99 – light risk of cardiac problems.
- Ranges between 1 or more – high risk of cardiac problems.
A Female Hip-Waist Ratio
- If Less than 0.8 – fewer chances of cardiac problems, If between 0.8 to 0.89 – light risk of cardiac problems
- Ranges between 0.9 or over – higher risk of cardiac health problems.
- It generally shows someone’s health is in better condition or suffering from any kind of diseases. What health complications can arise?
Overall things are fat, body mass, waist, hips are to be considered for weight calculation according to height.